Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Party in Cole Valley

I went to the Carleton Alumni Halloween party in Cole Valley. Believe it or not, I‘ve never been much for Halloween parties, and nowadays I‘m guaranteed to miss any Christmas parties beyond that of my own company, so I made my way down there through the Panhandle. I met up with old friends, and met new ones. Anne Buffington (as Peter Pan/woodsy Maid Marian) was there with a guy named Chrysalis (Prince) from her Marin commune. Shilpa Kamat was there too, with her friends Nim and Sadia. So was Trevor Peace. Lien Ly ’04 Marcus Ly’s little sister, was there in a bumblebee costume - thank goodness her school on Mare Island isn‘t actually funded by Vallejo. The biggest surprise to me was the presence of Emily Johnson ‘06 (a Brite-Lite), whom I met a couple of years ago when I went to Carleton and attended the folk dance reunion. I also met “Bud” (a woman!), whose Velma costume I quite admired, and Cheer (a Fairy Godmother).

No comments: