Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thursday Night Adventures

    On a recent Thursday, I ventured to Mission Bay for a high school alumni function. I had believed that this event was, in fact, indoors. When my Lyft driver dropped me off, I noted with dismay that this was an area of the city where my phone did not work well. The pouring rain did not help. After a substantial wandering on both sides of a block, one well-maintained, the other shattered and uneven, and through a passageway, I established that the meeting spot was SF Social, a food park across from the shattered sidewalk. I crossed to it, but still failed to find my alleged party. I rechecked the invitation and belatedly noted that it was "casual." There was no note of cancellation, so I could only conclude that the event was stillborn due to the weather. I had already braved the weather and was in the midst of a food court, so I decided to reap some benefit from my journey. After I had eaten, I went to the stop for the 22, but I just missed it. I explored the longer block across from the food park, which turned out to be a minigolf course. The 22 home was less crowded and less questionable than I was accustomed to. The event may have been a bust, but I did learn about recreational places easily accessed.

No comments: